If you see the ProPresenter loading screen several minutes after you launched the program, it likely means something hasn't completely finished loading. Most often this is the Playlist data under the Library.
To fix this issue, you will be deleting the Playlist data fie, which means you'll have to create new playlists. You can confirm if this is the problem, first, by checking to see if your Playlists has loaded yet or not. If they haven't loaded and you still have the loading screen, this is most likely the problem.
Follow these steps to remove the Playlist data file:
- While ProPresenter is open, click on the ProPresenter 5 menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the "General" tab in Preferences.
- Click on the magnifying glass next to the file path for "Application Data".
- When Windows Explorer opens, quit ProPresenter.
- Open the ProPresenter 5 folder in Windows Explorer.
- Open the "PlaylistData" folder.
- If you only have one Library in ProPresenter, the file will be called "Default" or "Default.pro5pl" depending on your file extension settings. If you have more than one Library, you'll see additional files for each Library. Drag the file for your current Library to the Desktop.
- Launch ProPresenter and see if it loads all the way without the logo screen staying visible.
If this has worked, the loading screen will go away after a few seconds. Your Playlist section will be empty and you will need to start new Playlists. If you have exported any previous playlists that you want to import, you can do so now. You can also delete the file that you moved to your playlist in Step 6 above.