This is due to one of several DVD issues:
- The DVD is in use by another application (Apple's DVD Player software)
- SOLUTION: Quit both apps and restart ProPresenter.
- The DVD database has been corrupted
- SOLUTION: Go to: "/Library/Application Support/Renewed Vision/ProPresenter4" and delete the file named "DVDv2.rvd". Also delete "DVD.rvd" if that file exists in this folder.
- The region code has not been set yet if it's a newer Mac
- SOLUTION: Quit ProPresenter, insert a video DVD, and launch Apple's DVD player. It will detect the region code has not been set yet and will prompt you on how to set this.
If you don't need the DVD functionality, you can disable it altogether outside the program by executing the following command in the Mac OS X Terminal application (found in the Utilities Folder):
- defaults write com.renewedvision.ProPresenter3 disableDVDFunctions -bool true
You can also do this in the application under the DVD panel in the ProPresenter Preferences section: