Windows 8 does not include DVD support out-of-the-box, and Microsoft no longer sells the Media Center add-on for Windows 8 Pro. If you did not get Media Center while it was being offered, it is unlikely that DVDs will work in ProPresenter on Windows 8/8.1. Unfortunately Microsoft has removed most of its native support for MPEG-2, which is the standard DVD format. You can still use third-party DVD players, but these do not work with ProPresenter. We recommend using HandBrake to rip any DVDs to your computer so that you can work with video files in ProPresenter instead.
Articles in this section
- Using ProContent Inside of ProPresenter
- Removing Files from iCloud Drive
- Removing Files from OneDrive
- Holman Christian Standard Bible no longer available
- My computer screen is blank or shows the Stage Display when I open ProPresenter
- How do transitions work and where do I enable them?
- How do I import songs from SongSelect?
- Media Scaling Options
- What's the difference between Backgrounds and Foregrounds and how do I tell which one a media file is set to?
- How do I create a looping presentation?