If you are seeing a mirrored version of your desktop (background and all icons) on your output screen, you have "mirrored displays" enabled.
- Press Command+F1 to toggle mirrored displays on and off.
Windows 7-10 Users:
- Open Display settings.
- Enable "Extend my desktop".
- Windows 7-10 users can press the Windows logo key and 'P' and toggle to "Extended" to switch.
Windows Vista Users:
- Right-click on the Desktop and select "Personalize".
- Click on the "Display Settings" option.
- Click on Monitor 2 and check the box for "Extend the desktop onto this monitor" and click OK.
Windows XP Users:
- Right-click on the Desktop and select "Properties".
- Click the "Settings" tab.
- Check the box labeled "Extend my Windows desktop on this monitor."
If you are still having issues with your Display not showing, let's make sure your system settings are set up correctly. You can go here to make sure they are correct.