If you are being asked to enter your license information every time you try to launch ProPresenter then you have a permissions issue with the directory where the license file is stored. Fortunately this is very simple to fix. Close ProPresenter before continuing.
When a folder's permissions are set incorrectly ProPresenter is unable to create the necessary directories to store the license information. This is the most common issue when you are having to enter your license information every time. Follow these steps to correct the permissions for the directory where the license file is stored.
- Open a new Finder window.
- Press Command-Shift-G.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go.
- Select the RenewedVision folder and press Command-I on your keyboard to open the folder's info window.
- Expand the Sharing & Permissions section at the bottom of this window.
- Click on the lock icon on the bottom right and enter your administrator password.
- Make sure that each user account under Name is set to "Read & Write". If there are any that are not click on the Privilege and change it to "Read & Write" as shown below.
- Click on the action menu (the gear at the bottom) and select Apply to enclosed items... and click OK on the pop-up message.
- Launch ProPresenter and enter your registration information now.
Once you enter your registration information you shouldn't have to enter it again. However, if you are still required to enter it after following the above steps, return to the RenewedVision folder and follow the next set of steps.
- Open the RenewedVision folder.
- Create one of the following folders depending on your version of ProPresenter.
- ProPresenter 3: ProPresenter
- ProPresenter 4: ProPresenter4
- ProPresenter 5: ProPresenter5
- ProPresenter 6: ProPresenter6
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 from the first set of instructions on this new folder.
- Launch ProPresenter again and enter your registration information.