This article explains how to set up an AllSport 5000 controller with ProPresenter-Scoreboard.
Currently, the AllSport 5000 controller can control basketball, football, hockey, lacrosse, soccer, and volleyball inside of the Scoreboard software.
- SIIG USB adapter (We recommend this one)
- The driver for this adapter is available on this page
- Null Modem Adapter/Cable
- Gender Changer (Female to Female RS232)
- Daktronics Port Extender (You can find this here)
1. Install the Driver
Before connecting the device, and controller to the computer, the driver for the SIIG device needs to be installed. The link for the driver is found at the top of this article. Once you've done this, restart the computer.
2. Connect the Controller
Once the computer comes back up, you can now connect the controller to the computer. Plug the Port Expander into the AllSport 5000 and then run the RS-232 cable from the Port Expander into the SIIG device. You will then plug the SIIG device into an available USB port on your computer.
3. Enable Communication in the Software
Now, we will need to enable communication in the Scoreboard program itself. First, you will need to open ProPresenter-Scoreboard and then open Scoreboard Preferences>Communications and click the "Add Device" button and choose Daktronics.
Once this window comes up, you'll just need to make sure you select the proper interface. This should be set to either MCS78XX_Port0 or MCS78XX_Port1 based on which LED light is blinking green on the adapter.
- If the LED labeled 1 is blinking, use MCS78XX_Port0.
- If the LED labeled 2 is blinking, use MCS78XX_Port1.
Once you have done this, you should be able to hit "Save" and then "Connect" back in the main window to get this up and running.
You should now have control of the software through the AllSport 5000 board.
To test your connection, you can click the Start button for the clock on the controller and that should start the clock on the program screen as well.
Changing Sports on the AllSport 5000 Controller
If you need to change sports with the device, this is done on the controller itself and you'd then want to change the sport in ProPresenter-Scoreboard. The directions below should assist you in this, but please reach out to AllSport directly or the AllSport 5000 User Manual should you have further questions.
- Power on the AllSport 5000
- You will first be prompted to continue a previous game.
- Press YES to resume the last game stored in memory.
- Press NO to start a new game or change to a different sport. The console will prompt for a new code number
- If you select "NO" you will then be prompted to enter a 4 digit code for the Sport and type of scoring you are using. You can find a list of all 4 digit codes here, https://www.daktronics.com/Support/KB/Pages/DD2257097.aspx#AS5000
- Use the number keys on the controller to enter the 4 digit code you wish to use and then hit ENTER. This should allow you to start the new game under the new sport you've selected.