This article explains how to set up a Fair-Play MP-70 controller with ProPresenter-Scoreboard.
Currently, the Fair-Play controller can control basketball, football, hockey, soccer, and lacrosse inside of the Scoreboard software.
- FTDI Chipset Compatible Adapter
- Null Modem Adapter/Cable
- Gender Changer (Female to Female RS232)
1. Connect the Controller
Once the computer comes back up, you can now connect the controller to the computer. Plug the SIIG adapter into an available USB port on the computer.
You will need a female to female gender changer (which can also be your Null Modem adapter) to connect the SIIG adapter to the controller itself since both connections on the controller and adapter are male connections.
2. Enable Communication in the Software
Now, we will need to enable communication in the Scoreboard program itself. First, you will need to open ProPresenter-Scoreboard and then open Scoreboard Preferences>Communications and click the "Add Device" button and choose FairPlayMP70.
Once this window comes up, you'll just need to make sure you select the proper interface. This should be set to either MCS78XX_Port0 or MCS78XX_Port1 based on which LED light is blinking green on the adapter.
- If the LED labeled 1 is blinking, use MCS78XX_Port0.
- If the LED labeled 2 is blinking, use MCS78XX_Port1.
Once you have done this, you should be able to hit "Save" and then "Connect" back in the main window to get this up and running.
You should now have control of the software through the Fair-Play board.
To test this, you can click the "Time In" switch on the controller to start the game clock.
Changing Sports on the Fair-Play MP-70 Controller
If you need to change sports with the device, this is done on the controller itself and you'd then want to change the sport in ProPresenter-Scoreboard. The directions below should assist you in this, but please reach out to Fair-Play directly or the MP-70 User Manual should you have further questions.
1. Turn off the MP-70
2. Press and hold the ENTER key while turning on the MP-70/50. The LCD Display will display the name of a sport and then an option for YES or NO.
3. Press YES if you want to change the settings for the sport currently displayed or press NO to select another sport.
4. To change the sport-specific settings, press YES at the CONTINUE prompt. Otherwise, press NO. These settings will be specific to the Sport itself and vary based on what sport you are trying to setup.
5. When you see the prompt QUIT?...
- Press YES if you want to accept the new settings and begin using the scoreboard in its current state
- Press NO to select a different sport and/or go through the questions again.