Regularly updating your software is an important step in preventing bugs and other issues from affecting your system. We recommend regularly updating your Renewed Vision software so that you always have the latest fixes and features.
There are two ways to update your software:
- Using the in-app Check for Updates is generally the fastest and easiest way to keep your software up to date. In the top left of the screen, click on the name of the software, then click on Check for Updates. If a new version is available then it will walk you through the process of updating.
- If you have not updated your software in a long time, then sometimes it is easiest to bypass the Check for Updates and instead simply download a fresh copy of the software from our website. Simply quit the application on your computer, then head to the appropriate download page and download the latest version. You can then install the application like normal; in doing so it will overwrite the older application.
It is important to note that in both of the above cases, your data will not be effected by the update; that is, all of your data, settings, and registration will continue to work just as it had previously.
We also recommend turning on the Check for Updates option inside of the General tab of Preferences; this will periodically have your software automatically check for updates, and if there is a newer version available it will notify you so that you can stay updated.
There are three main phases to any development cycle:
- Active Development is when a piece of software is new and you are actively adding new features to the software,
- Maintenance Development is when you are no longer adding new features into the software, however you are still working to fix bugs to provide the best user experience, and
- Retired Software is software that is no longer being developed; in some cases if a major issue is found it may be updated, however there is no guarantee that fixes will be made.
Below is a list of our software and the stage of the development cycle that they are in. For current software there is a link to the active download page, for retired software there is a direct link to the last available version for that software.
- ProPresenter 6: Maintenance Development, download the latest version here
- All older versions of ProPresenter: Retired
- Last version of ProPresenter 5 for Mac: 5.3.3
- Last version of ProPresenter 5 for Windows: 18.104.22.168
- Last version of ProPresenter 4 for Mac: 4.2.9
- Last version of ProPresenter 4 for Windows: 22.214.171.124
- PVP 3: Active Development, download the latest version here
- All older versions of ProVideoPlayer: Retired
- ProPresenter-Scoreboard: Active Development, download the latest version here
- ProVideoServer: Maintenance Development, download the latest version here