We understand that many users of ProPresenter 6 are ready to take advantage of the many new features of Mac OS Catalina. Due to some changes in the way the new OS works, we have a few steps that we recommend you follow prior to doing the OS update.
*Update your ProPresenter 6 installation to 6.5.3 -- You can download the DMG for this version directly here, https://renewedvision.com/downloads/ProPresenter%206_6.5.3_100991749.dmg
**Please also make sure that any external hardware you are using with ProPresenter (Blackmagic Devices, Matrox Devices, DisplayLink devices, etc) are updated with the appropriate drivers that are optimized for Catalina.
Once you have updated to Catalina...
***When prompted when you first launch Pro6, make sure to allow ProPresenter to access your Documents folder.
****If you experience any odd issue like your library missing or your output appearing in a small box on your control screen, follow the directions below to ensure ProPresenter has full disk access as Catalina has a new security and privacy setting that may be preventing ProPresenter’s access to your files.
1. Open System Preferences
2. Select Security and Privacy
3. Open the Privacy Tab
4. On the left side, select Full Disk Access
5. Check to see that ProPresenter 6 is in the box on the right
6. If it is not, click the + icon below that box
7. In the window that pops up, navigate to your ProPresenter 6 App location (likely the Applications folder)
8. Select the ProPresenter 6 App
9. After it appears in the window, select Files and Folders from the left side
10. Ensure that ProPresenter 6 shows up there
11. Reopen ProPresenter.
Following these items should allow you to successfully work with macOS Catalina and ProPresenter 6!
Please report any other issues you see at contact.renewedvision.com