To move your data from a computer running the new version of ProPresenter to another computer running the new version of ProPresenter you will want to follow the following steps.
Please note that if you are moving from ProPresenter 6, you'll need to follow the directions here. Migration from Pro6
On the Originating Computer:
- Create a folder on your desktop and name it “ProPresenter Sync” or something similar
- Open the Advanced tab of ProPresenter Preferences by going to ProPresenter>Preferences and clicking Advanced
- Make sure the box next to “Manage Media Automatically” is checked. If this is unchecked, any media added prior to it being checked is not going to move across. More information on Media Management can be found here.
- Open the Sync tab of ProPresenter Preferences
- Under Repository, select the folder that you created on your Desktop and the path should appear there
- Choose which items you wish to sync at this time
- Select “Sync Up to Repository”
- Choose whether to check “Replace Files in Repository” -- if this is a new empty folder, this would not have to be checked. If this folder was previously used as a repository and you wish to only migrate the data FROM the program currently, you would want to check this setting.
- Push “Sync”
- Copy the folder from your desktop to a USB drive or other device so you can move it to the other machine
On the Destination Computer
- Open the Sync tab of ProPresenter Preferences by going to ProPresenter>Preferences and clicking Sync
- Under Repository, select the folder that you moved across from the other computer.
- Select the data you wish to bring into the software.
- Select “Sync Down From Repository”
- Choose whether to check “Replace My Files” -- if you enable this option, only the data that is syncing down from the folder will be found in the program after the completion of the sync. If you have existing data you wish to keep in place in the program, leave this item unchecked.
- Click “Sync”
- Your data should now sync across and appear properly in the program at this time.