If you are updating to the new version of ProPresenter and would like to migrate your information from ProPresenter 5 from a different computer, you will want to follow the steps listed here. Please read all instructions below before continuing.
On the ProPresenter 5 Computer:
- Download the latest version of ProPresenter6 from our downloads page. Please note that ProPresenter6 is available under "Version History" on our downloads page.
- If on Mac: you need to download ProPresenter6.5.3 if using macOS 10.14.6 and above, and ProPresenter6.3.5 if using any OS lower than that. To find out what OS you're using, please click on the Apple logo at the top left of your computer and then select "About This Mac".
- If on Windows: you need to download ProPresenter126.96.36.199
- Once ProPresenter6 is installed on the same machine that ProPresenter5 is installed on, you should follow the on screen prompts after installing to import your data from ProPresenter5 to ProPresenter6. (Note: you do not need to purchase ProPresenter6 to do this. Simply just click "Try It" to use the demo version)
- Once your data is showing correctly in ProPresenter6, you can create a folder on your desktop and name it “ProPresenter Sync”.
- Open the General tab of ProPresenter 6 Preferences.
- Make sure the box next to “Manage Media Automatically” is checked. If this is unchecked, you will want to enable this to ensure your Media files properly move across to the new machine. Check the box and restart the software to confirm this has enabled properly. More information on Media Management can be found here.
- Open the Sync tab of ProPresenter 6 preferences
- Under Repository, select the folder ("ProPresenter Sync") that you created on your Desktop and the path should appear there
- Choose which items you wish to sync at this time
- Select “Sync Up to Repository”
- Choose whether to check “Replace Files in Repository” -- if this is a new empty folder, this would not have to be checked. If this folder was previously used as a repository and you wish to only migrate the data FROM the program currently, you would want to check this setting.
- Push “Sync”
- Copy the folder from your desktop to a USB drive or other device so you can move it to the other machine
On the Destination Computer
- Download ProPresenter 6
- Open the sync tab of ProPresenter 6 preferences
- From there you will navigate to the local tab and choose the information you wish to migrate to the new version of ProPresenter from another computer and choose the folder on your USB drive.
- Select “Sync Down From Repository”
- Click “Sync”
- Check that everything has synced to ProPresenter 6
- Close ProPresenter 6
- Download the new version of ProPresenter
- Follow the steps in the following article to load your ProPresenter 6 data into the new version: Pro6 to Pro7 Migration