The Bibles section of ProPresenter features a robust browser allowing you to quickly search (via passage or keyword), curate, and send to the screen passages from various translations of the Bible.
You can access Bibles by clicking View > Bibles in the menu bar or clicking the Bibles button in the toolbar.
Installing and Registering Bibles
Before you can start using the Bibles in the program, you will need to install and register them in the program. We offer in-depth installation instructions for this here in our KnowledgeBase. Installing Bibles in ProPresenter
Searching the Bible
There are three different ways to search for the passages of scripture that you need. You can either select from the Book menu, enter a specific passage or search for keywords. This is all handled by the bar at the top of the window.
Before searching, you need to select a specific translation from the menu on the left. This menu will show you each translation that is currently installed on the machine.
- To use the passage selector, click on the Book menu, then choose a book and chapter of the Bible; this will load all the verses in that chapter.
- To search for a specific range of verses, type in the passage and press Enter. The Bible passage search also recognizes shortened versions of book names (IE: “Matt 1 2 3” will perform a search for Matthew 1:2-3).
- To do a keyword search, type in your search term in the search box on the right.
You may also notice a plus (+) sign next to the main translation. ProPresenter also allows you to add multiple translations to your slides! Simply click the plus (+) button to make your secondary selection! More information on this feature is available here.
Bible Slide Formatting and Themes
Bible slides are created in the same way any presentation slide is created, as in, you can set your style and formatting any way you wish.
The best option to use, as with any presentation, is to apply a Theme based on the text formatting you wish to use for the presentation. You can either apply a Theme that's already inside of the program or create a new Theme that best fits your setup. Below, we'll explain how to create a new Theme for your scripture.
ProPresenter allows you to use the same style for your verse and reference, or create two unique styles for the verse and references.
There are two locations in which you can create a Theme from which will contain the template you create for bibles for the purpose of this article we will stay within the bible app. Here go to Slide options and you will see the template selector click the small arrow and in this menu select the New Theme this will open the Theme Editor, which is similar to the standard Editor.
If you are creating a Bible Theme with the same style for both verse and reference, you would just add one text box to the slide. To add a text box you would use the plus (+) sign in the upper left of the editor area.
You then would choose that text box in the Verse dropdown at the top of the Bible toolbar. Under Reference, choosing With Verse will allow the reference to show in the same text box and formatting as the verse. It should look like this:
If you are creating a Bible Theme with unique styles for the verse and reference, the text boxes you need to the slide and format the text how you want each part to look.
After you have created your text boxes, the next step is to name the boxes so that ProPresenter knows how to use this Theme in the Bible window.
- Select the text box you wish to use for the Bible text.
- You can type the name inside the text box or rename the object in the bottom left of the editor.
- Do the same for the Bible Reference
Bible Slide Options
There are various options that are unique to Bibles that can format the way your slides look and add references and other information to the slide.
Each option in this box will change the way your slides look.
- Show Verse Numbers: Checking this option enables verse numbers to be displayed in Bible passages.
- Break on New Verse: Checking this will create new slides for each verse of a passage.
- Display Translation: Checking this option will show the translation that is being used.
- Preserve Font Color: Checking this option will retain “red letter” words and other formatting in the Bible text.
- Verse References: Selecting this option will display the verse reference on each slide. This option is only available if Break on New Verse is selected.
- Passage Each: Selecting this option will show the reference for the entire passage being shown on each slide.
- Passage Last: This option will only display the passage reference on the last slide.
- No Reference: This option doesn’t display the passage reference on any slide.
- Template: Here is where you would also change templates for different views.
- Import Library: Here you would assign what Library you wish the scripture to go to when you save them as Presentations.
Saving Scripture as Presentations
Once you have found the passage that you want to use, click on the action (cog) menu in the lower-left corner and choose either Save as Presentation, Copy to Current Presentation, or Save to Playlist.
The Save as Presentation option will create a new presentation in your Library with the title of the passage.
The Copy to Current Presentation option will add the passage to the presentation that is currently selected in the library or a playlist. This option makes it much easier for you to prepare a single presentation for a sermon. If no slide is selected in the current presentation, these slides will be added at the end of the presentation. If a slide is selected in the current presentation, these slides will be added after that highlighted slide.
The Save to Selected Playlist option will create a new presentation in the Library selected in the Slide Options with the title of the passage and then automatically add that presentation to the selected Playlist. If no presentation in the Playlist is selected, this presentation will be added at the end of the Playlist. If a presentation is selected in the Playlist, this presentation will be added after that highlighted presentation.
Adding Scripture to an Existing Presentation
You can easily add the previous or next verse to a passage by clicking on the Previous Verse or Next Verse buttons. The purpose of this feature is to be used in a live environment when you quickly need to display a slide that is close by to the passage, but not in the original presentation.
These two buttons are available in the Bible window as well as on Bible presentations in the Library. In the example below, clicking the previous button would add John 3:11 to the screen... clicking the next button would add John 3:20 to the screen.
This feature can also move between chapters. Hitting the "Previous Verse" button on the first verse of a chapter would move to the last verse of the previous chapter. The same would occur with the "Next Verse" button moving forward to the next chapter.
Once you create a template you like and set your formatting, adding scripture from Bibles into your presentations should be an easy process!